At Unified Academy we have an open door policy and hope that you will come and talk to us if you have any concerns.
You will not get into trouble for telling us about your complaint, concern or worry but we cannot keep secrets if we think you or someone else is at risk.
What do I do if I feel a member of staff or student has treated me unfairly?
If you feel you have been unfairly treated by a member of staff or student you can speak to any of the people below:
- Your Tutor
- Any member of staff you feel comfortable with
- Reece, Steve and the Pastoral Support Team
- Josie the Home School Link worker
- Bev the ELSA
- Any member of SLT
- Your family
You can also write your complaint down and post in any of the student worry boxes (located in Belle’s Office, Student Support, ELSA, Kerry’s Office, Carly’s office and Safeguarding office)
What will happen to my complaint?
- You will be listened to
- If appropriate, the complaint will be passed on to the senior leadership team
- The person you have made the complaint about will be asked what happened
If you wish, we will arrange for you to meet with the member of staff/student you have made the complaint about to see if we can sort it out. The person you spoke to first will also be with you at this meeting.
What will happen if I feel things have not been sorted out?
If you wish to continue with your complaint you can arrange to speak to Belle (Principal) who will meet you as soon as possible.
- If you wish, another adult can be invited to this meeting
- After this meeting Belle will see if any further action is required
Who else can I speak to about my complaint?
If you still feel that things have not been sorted out, you can contact one of the people below. They will listen to your complaint and then let you know as soon as possible whether further action is required.
- Chair of Governors – contact via the School Office
- The Children’s Rights Director – 0800 5280731
- National Youth Advocacy Service – 0300 330 3131
- Childline – 0800 1111
- NSPCC – 0808 800500
- NSPCC Report Abuse in Education Helpiline – 0800 136 663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surrey Social Services – 01483 579808