At Unified Academy, alternative learning provision (ALP) is arranged to ensure that all students who for any reason cannot access the in-school provision are given purposeful and appropriate programmes of learning. The ALP offer is arranged using a range of providers who are experienced and suitably qualified to provide alternative learning for our students.
Our ALP is planned to ensure that it meets the specific needs of students and enables them to re-engage with learning in an alternative setting. All students receive a sound education, regardless of their circumstances or the settings in which they find themselves. Provision will differ from student to student. However, there are some common elements we aim to achieve, including:
• an academic focus, particularly in English and mathematics, with appropriate accreditation and qualifications
• vocational settings to encourage future employment aspirations
• meeting specific personal, social, emotional and well-being needs alongside academic needs
• improvements in student motivation and self-confidence, attendance and engagement with learning
• clearly defined learning objectives, shared with parents/carers and key school staff, including what will follow when current objectives have been achieved.
If you require further information regarding our alternative learning provision and the planned outcomes, please contact Louise Kidger email@example.com