Supporting each other, achieving together.
At Unified Academy we will use a highly practical approach, with an emphasis on vocational and outdoor learning in order to secure the best possible outcomes for our young people. Our aim is that they will become well-rounded adults with high aspirations for the future and the skills and knowledge to achieve them.
Our Ethos and Values
Unified Academy follows a nurture-based reflective and restorative approach with
We have the highest standards and expectations for all children to experience
success, lead empathetic lives and fill productive roles as members of society. Their
individual contributions to school life will be valued and their talents celebrated.
Students, staff, parents and visitors will show respect for, acceptance of and
responsibility to ourselves, each other and the wider community.
Together we will build a fun, safe and caring school that promotes the joy of learning,
high personal achievement, respect for individual differences, dignity for all and
equal opportunities by eliminating discrimination.
We will nurture, encourage and listen to every voice in our community, including
students, parents and carers, friends and staff. Maximising the potential of every
student will be placed at the heart of all decision making.
We will always be a strong advocate for Unified Academy; being proud of our school and Trust.
- Ensure mutual respect for every person connected with the school
- Support all students to leave as confident and independent individuals, armed with the necessary skills to ensure that they can advocate effectively for themselves.
- Support students to pursue their ambitions, attain full social inclusion and achieve a high quality of life.
- Provide a curriculum that is broad and balanced, engaging and interesting, focused on the individual needs of each student, supporting the development of key academic, functional, vocational and creative skills.
- Teach our students to keep themselves healthy and safe
- Help our students to learn to understand and manage their feelings
- Provide help for parents & carers to support and nurture their children